What is the Circular Economy?
In a nutshell, the circular economy (CE) aims to minimise waste and keep resources in use for as long as possible. The importance of the CE is only going to grow, with the increasing need for long-term environmental sustainability.
There are three principles which define the circular economy:
- Reduce waste
- Sustain natural systems
- Elongate the life-span of resources
It is essentially a shift from the linear economy (which is based on the principle of ‘make, use, throw away’) towards a heightened version of the more commonly known ‘reduce, reuse, recycle’.
“It entails gradually decoupling economic activity from the consumption of finite resources, and designing waste out of the system.” – Ellen MacArthur Foundation
Applying the principles of the circular economy to the Telecoms Industry
It’s very important for those in the Telecoms industry to abide by the principles of the circular economy. Every year, millions of tonnes of e-waste ends up in landfill, polluting the earth. Exploring alternative ways to dispose of unwanted equipment, like recycling or reselling, can reduce e-waste and elongate the life-span of equipment. Adopting the circular economy concept can therefore also prevent the release of toxic materials from poorly disposed electronics.
Benefits of telecom operators adopting the principles of the Circular Economy
- Reduce waste
- Save energy
- Reduce carbon footprint
- Reduce environmental impact
- Drive greater resource productivity
How TXO can help
For assistance with adopting the circular economy principles into your business model, look no further.
TXO Systems’ fully managed end-to-end asset recovery service ensures that our clients recover maximum residual value from their surplus or obsolete equipment – whether through resale, reuse or recycling.
- Redeployment – If your unwanted network equipment is still working and usable, our network asset redeployment & resale services could help you.
- Recycling – Where equipment has no further market value, or cannot be refurbished for return to service, TXO offers a comprehensive WEEE recycling service. Let us dispose of this material safely and responsibly, with minimum impact on the environment.
To get started on becoming a circular economy company, please contact us on +44 (0)1291 623 813 or email firstname.lastname@example.org