Secure data wiping and destruction is essential in order to maintain the security of clients’ data and to protect your brand. In relation to hard disk drives (HDD) TXO has a range of data wiping and destruction solutions and documented procedures on offer according to client instruction.
Hard Drive Shredding and Destruction
- For some, HDD and other storage media must be destroyed on-site. In this case TXO arranges for a mobile shredding vehicle to attend at your premises, destruction takes place in situ and TXO generates a certificate of data destruction with a detailed asset register by part code and serial number.
- For others, it is acceptable for the data wiping and destruction to take place off-site at TXO’s top class facility. In this case, material is collected in a secure vehicle, the devices are catalogued by part code and serial number and then physically shredded to 20mm fractions. The hard drive shredding process completely destroys the drive platters, mechanisms, and the electronic components rendering the data unrecoverable. An itemised certificate of data destruction will be issued for your further assurance.
Blancco Data Wiping
In some cases there may be a commercial case to data wipe rather than destroy. This process is often referred to as secure data erasure. Where the client approves this option TXO will wipe HDD in our secure lab using the industry leading Blancco Software which meets the UK government standard of INFOSEC 5 (higher). The Blancco system allows TXO to output certificated evidence that the HDD or array has been completely wiped. For more information about the Blancco system please visit www.blancco.com. A major benefit of the secure data erasure procedure is that when hard drives are wiped they are almost always reusable within your own organisation. Alternatively, you may wish to resell your HDD equipment, which we will be pleased to assist with.
TXO Systems is an Approved Authorised Treatment Facility (AATF) and holds the necessary permits to operate a WEEE (waste electrical and electronic equipment) recycling facility and may also transport WEEE. For additional peace of mind TXO holds ISO 27001 certification which is an international management standard relating to information security. For further details please visit our certifications & memberships and WEEE recycling pages. Additionally, our fully trained and professional staff are available to speak to and will always do their best to answer your data wiping and destruction questions as quickly as possible.
The Benefits Of HDD Data Sanitization
There are several advantages associated with hard disk sanitization including:
- Prevention of leakage of clients’ data, organisations’ classified information, and monetary data.
- Assuring protection from data theft and incorrect or irresponsible destruction of your HDD.
- Averting financial penalties due to the incorrect disposal of your or your organisation’s hard disk.
To find out more about our secure data erasure services and how they could benefit your organisation then contact one of our experienced team members.