Why recycle cables?
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE), or e-waste, is one of the most rapidly growing waste streams in the EU, growing at 3-5% per year (source: European Commission). However, e-waste is also a global problem. According to the new Global E-waste Monitor 2017 report from the United Nations University (UNU), it’s estimated that we generate over 40 million tons of it every year. Broken and used cables cause a troubling amount of e-waste in landfills and release harmful toxins as they break down. Responsible cable reuse and cable recycling can be a source of revenue and help ensure the problem doesn’t escalate further.
How does cable recycling work?
Our cable recycling solution puts cables back into use as either re-used parts or as materials for new products. All types of leftover cable are covered, including data, fibre optic, copper cables, coax (coaxial) cables, aluminium, lead coated and armoured. We have considerable expertise in recovering and recycling other forms of WEEE category 3: IT and telecommunications equipment too, such as printed circuit boards, back panels, motherboards, connectors and IC chips.
What does TXO’s cable recycling service include?
TXO’s cable recycling solutions for Telecom and Corporate clients provide:
- Site clearance
Turn your surplus cables into a lucrative and environmentally-friendly revenue stream
It is always our aim to ensure that the highest proportion of value is extracted from our clients’ excess cable with minimum waste to keep materials at the end of their life out of landfill. This makes precious metals available for repurpose, reducing the demand on primary sources and generating the highest possible return for the client. As an Approved Authorised Treatment Facility (AATF) and Approved Exporter (AE), TXO Systems maintains industry best practices for safe and responsible cable recycling, with all activities carried out in line with regulatory legislation. View our certifications & compliance page for further information.
Why recycle cable with TXO?
- We recycle large quantities of cable
- Rapid investment recovery and convenience
- Receive a monthly on-going return revenue stream from your recovered cable, with a detailed commodity breakdown by weight
- We can carry out cable recovery work at the same time as other legacy surplus equipment recovery work, for your convenience
- Compliant, sustainable cable recovery
- Experienced with switch dilapidation and exchange dilapidation
- All processes are fully compliant with the WEEE Directive
- We also hold a full environmental permit and waste carrier’s licence
How to recover your excess cable assets
Get in touch with our team today and see how much of a return we could generate for you.