Coaxial cable, commonly known as coax cable, is a type of shielded and insulated copper cable that is widely used in the transmission of video, communications and audio. Whatever you do, cables like these should never go in the rubbish bin once you are finished with them. They contain metals like copper that make them hazardous waste if they’re sent to landfill. Instead they should be considered for reuse, resale or coax cable recycling.
TXO’s coax cable recycling solutions for Telecom and Corporate clients
Our coax cable recycling solution here at TXO Systems means we can put cables and cords back into use as either re-used parts or as materials for new products, turning your business’ surplus cables into a lucrative and environmentally-friendly revenue stream. Many other types of cable are covered besides coax, such as data cables, fibre optic cables, copper cables, aluminium cables, lead coated and armoured cables. We have considerable expertise in recovering and recycling other forms of WEEE category 3: IT and telecommunications equipment too, such as printed circuit boards, back panels, motherboards, connectors and IC chips.
What does TXO’s cable recycling service include?
- site clearance
- cable de-installation
- cable recovery
- cable recycling
- cable processing
It is always our aim to ensure that the highest proportion of value is extracted from our clients’ excess cable with minimum waste to keep materials at the end of their life out of landfill. This makes precious metals available for repurpose, reducing the demand on primary sources and generating the highest possible return for the client. As an Approved Authorised Treatment Facility (AATF) and Approved Exporter (AE), TXO Systems maintains industry best practices for safe and responsible cable recycling, with all activities carried out in line with regulatory legislation. View our certifications & compliance page for further information.
Why choose us?
- We recycle large quantities of cable
- Rapid investment recovery and convenience
- Receive a monthly on-going return revenue stream from your recovered cable, with a detailed commodity breakdown by weight
- We can carry out cable recovery work at the same time as other legacy surplus equipment recovery work, for your convenience
- Compliant, sustainable cable recovery
- Experienced with switch dilapidation and exchange dilapidation
- All processes are fully compliant with the WEEE Directive
- We also hold a full environmental permit and waste carrier’s licence
Want to learn more about how TXO can recover your excess cable assets?
Get in touch with our team today and see how much of a return we could generate for you.