Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) is currently considered to be one of the fastest growing waste streams in the EU with some 9 million tonnes of generated in 2005, and it is expected to grow to more than 12 million tonnes by 2020 (source: European Commission). To improve the environmental management of WEEE and enhance resource efficiency, responsible WEEE recycling and treatment of electronics at the end of their life is essential.
TXO Systems is passionate about engaging in sustainable business
When the time comes for your organisation to purchase upgraded telecom equipment or streamline its telecom inventory, we recommend trading in what you have via TXO’s asset recovery solutions. This service allows other companies to make use of your old equipment — which can almost always be refurbished — and become a vital part of how to reduce the electronic waste problem.
Where equipment has no further market value, or cannot be refurbished for return to service, TXO offers a comprehensive WEEE recycling service and works with customers to reduce their carbon footprint through strategic recycling and responsible disposal of telecoms network e-waste. As Europe’s leading recycler of telecoms equipment, processing over 250T per month, we are able to extract maximum residual value for component parts broken down in our processing facilities.
One of our primary objectives is to reduce all waste to landfill; we process over 3,000T of high quality recycled materials per annum and currently recycle over 98% of all materials recovered. The size and scale of our telecoms asset recovery operations means we are able to command exceptional pricing from our WEEE recycling partners which translates into the highest possible recycling yields for the customer. For more details, please contact us to discuss your WEEE recycling requirements.
The IT and telecoms network equipment we recycle
TXO specialises in WEEE category 3: IT and telecommunications equipment and can handle waste recycling and disposal for all types of telecoms and data equipment such as mainframes, networking, telecoms, digital and analogue broadcasting, mobile communication infrastructures, cabinets, base stations (BTS), desktop computers, peripherals, circuit boards and components including storage media and hard disk drive destruction.
Non-hazardous materials are separated before processing. Cardboard, aluminium, steel and other metals are recycled and returned to productive use. Printed circuit boards, back panels, motherboards, connectors and IC chips are refined to recover precious metals including gold (Au), silver (Ag), palladium (Pd) and copper (Cu). CRT, LCD and plasma display monitors contain at least trace amounts of lead and other heavy metals which must be processed and refined, not landfilled. Any hazardous material is removed for safe recovery.
Recycle your old telecoms and data equipment safe in the knowledge that:
- You’ll know exactly what your project is worth – we provide transparent pricing and issue a detailed Certificate of Destruction (CoD)
- Payments are quick – in fact we’re among the fastest in the industry for telecoms and corporate WEEE recycling
- Any data left on a device will be securely wiped without a trace – our secure data wiping and destruction service provides Blancco certificated data wiping, hard drive shredding and destruction options
- All items are disposed of with minimum impact on the environment – TXO Systems hold high environmental standards and maintain industry best practices for safe and responsible WEEE recycling, with all activities carried out in line with regulatory legislation
WEEE recycling benefits
- Realise the value of your end-of-life telecoms assets and increase profitability
- Reduce toxic waste disposal, divert useful resources from landfill and achieve huge carbon savings
- Fulfil your WEEE obligations and comply with increasingly stringent environmental legislation
- Identify new business recycling opportunities and achieve your environmental targets
- Best practice approach minimises legal liabilities and risk from penalties and affords brand protection
- Our customer portal, i-TRAC™, provides detailed asset recovery reporting for your recycled telecoms assets
- TXO Systems has all the relevant certifications and permits for the recovery, processing and transportation of electronics waste – view our certifications & compliance page for further information about our Approved Authorised Treatment Facility (AATF) and Approved Exporter (AE) status
- Work with an EcoVadis corporate social responsibility (CSR) Gold Rated supplier